Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A project for the whole family

I was intrigued by a colorful outdoor weaving project shared last week by Rachelle Doorley who writes the blog TinkerLab. It is a rendition of a project she saw at the Bay Area Discovery Museum. Rachelle modified it for her preschooler but I see possibilities at all ages. You may notice that she got into the act with her daughter and that's where I'm thinking you could go with this activity this spring.

I can imagine all sorts of variations on a fence full of colorful ribbons and adornments. In fact, you wouldn't need to install any sort of fencing if you already have a chain link fence on your property.

I think this would be a great way to explore texture and sculpture in your yard or garden. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment