Monday, November 14, 2011

oogly and Idina Menzel Celebrate KCYA 50th Anniversary

Saturday night I got to join in the celebration for Kansas City Young Audience’s 50th Anniversary at their benefit concert. Tony award-winner Idina Menzel performed to a sell-out crowd at the Kauffman Center. It was such a fun evening.

What made it even more special for me is that oogly got into the act at the request of Kansas City Young Audiences. One of my wonderful students, Grace, made a singing oogly to be presented to Ms. Menzel at her performance. Grace spent an afternoon in my studio creating the special oogly. What a treat!
To my delight, I had the pleasure of presenting the oogly to Ms. Menzel after her performance. She thought is was so special and was so pleased to know it was created by a young artist. I have no doubt it was a very meaningful gift from the staff and the teaching artists at Kansas City Young Audiences.


Kansas City Young Audiences has done so much good in our community helping connect kids with the arts. Numerous oogly workshops at schools and counseling programs have been made possible with the support the KCYA and their network. I’m thrilled that they asked oogly to be a part of their special event and I encourage all of you to learn more about KCYA and the events they have lined up to continue celebrating their 50th Anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment