Thursday, January 5, 2012

This oogly's A Little Square

Looking for a little variety in your oogly making? Why not experiment with a block instead of a bowl to start your oogly off a little differently? I decided to use squares as the theme for my oogly project today.
I started by making the pinch pot into a box instead of a bowl and it all flowed from there. Squares for eyes and one for my oogly’s nose.
I thought he needed a little flare to set him off so I blended in flattened coils of clay to each leg to out some swing in his step.
His fingers and toes are blocky too – I split the clay to make the fingers and I did the same on the feet to give the oogly toes. I added an extra piece of clay to the feet to make more substantial feet to keep my oogly grounded.
What other shapes make good ooglys? What have you tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment