Monday, June 27, 2011

Inspiration - Land Art for Kids blog

With Fourth of July just around the corner, I suspect many of you are making your plans to head to the lake, the mountains or the beach for the long holiday weekend. This is a weekend that I always associate with travel since our family usually spent the Fourth at our family farm in western Kansas.

Regardless of where you find yourself this weekend, at home or away, you’ll probably be looking for some fun activities for you kids to do with old friends, new friends at the campground or family you’re sharing the holiday with.
Loch Fyne Razor Shell Sculpture photo by JRT Pickle
This blog, Land Art for Kids, has some beautiful creations that inspire me to take a new look at the materials I find outdoors. The sculptures made at the beach are the ones that first caught my eye but check out the entire blog and you’ll see there are wondrous things made in all sorts of landscapes using found materials and tools. Or, you can check out the photos at this link on Flickr.

In fact, you don’t need to leave home to find patterns and design in nature. Check out your backyard or a park near your home.

The patterns of a dogwood tree in my garden.
Maybe you’ll be inspired to create something on your holiday. If you do, please share. I’d love to see a photo or hear about your art.

No comments:

Post a Comment