Wednesday, June 29, 2011

CATmania at ARTmania

This summer I’m part of the ARTmania summer camps for kids at ARTichokes, a gallery and creative space in Leawood, KS. Each week, children attend three sessions of three-hour long art classes with guest artists. I’m facilitating the Monday sessions with children ages 5 to 9 doing clay project. Each week, I’ve been trying something new and this week we made cats together.

All sorts of funny cats made from clay.
As you can see, kids and cats are a concept that works. It’s simple and silly all at once.
This cat's a star!
I got a real kick out of the enormous kitty cat eyes on this one and the expressive twist of the ear that reminds me of my own cat’s funny furry face.
I think I know this cat.
Enjoy these feline photos and check back tomorrow when I’ll give you step-by-step instructions on how to make your own at home. Meeoowww!

No comments:

Post a Comment